14 Jul BEQUESTS
“A legacy isn’t only what you leave to the world. A legacy is also what you give to the world.”
A charitable bequest could be the most important gift you ever make — and one of the easiest.
How would you like to be remembered?
Our lives are always being influenced by the actions of the past and present. A legacy donation is an opportunity to help support a cause you are passionate about, making a timeless difference to generations to come. You can feel empowered and be confident knowing your gift, big or small, will help secure a long-term future for our threatened wildlife.
Our promise to you
If you choose to leave us a gift in your Will, we promise to:
- Honour your wishes;
- Respect that a decision as important as this needs time – how and when you choose to write it is personal to you;
- Understand that you might change your mind – circumstances can change and you have the freedom to reconsider your decision at any time;
- Honour your privacy – we would like to acknowledge your generosity but will only give you the recognition you are comfortable with;
- Ensure your gift is used in the most effective way;
- Continue to communicate and update you with the latest information on our programs and achievements.
What kind of gift can I make?
While we have provided suggested wording below, we suggest you seek advice from a solicitor when drafting your will as the wording is very important in ensuring your wishes are clear. Your solicitor will provide details about different types of bequests and what they may mean for you and your family. For example, you may choose to leave Aussie Ark a specific sum of money, a gift of property, a percentage of your estate, or a residual bequest (i.e. whatever is left after all other gifts to family and friends have been deducted from your estate).
What should I do next?
- Choose the family, friends and charities that you would like to remember in your Will.
- Talk it over with your family and loved ones. Share your wishes with them.
- Visit a solicitor to have your Will written or updated.
- Please let us know if you have made a decision to leave a donation in your Will to Aussie Ark. We may be able to assist you in ensuring your legacy is left to the area you are most passionate about.
Using the wording below helps ensure that your gift is used in the way you intend.
‘I give to Australia’s Wildlife Ark Incorporated (ABN 51 417 871 203) free of all taxes and other deductions the residue of my estate / ___% share of my estate for its general purposes, and the receipt given on behalf of Australia’s Wildlife Ark Incorporated shall be sufficient discharge to my Trustee.’
Your solicitor will require the following information to include a donation to Aussie Ark in your Will:
Registered Name: Australia’s Wildlife Ark Incorporated
ABN: 51 417 871 203
Address: PO Box 192, Gosford, NSW 2250
For information about the types of gifts you can make and the appropriate wording to use please contact:
Brodie Chiswick – phone: +61 2 4326 7523 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org