02 Jun COVID-19 INFORMATION
During this current COVID-19 outbreak around NSW, Aussie Ark is only able to open their doors to anyone unaffected by the lockdown restrictions.
With ample space for social distancing, Aussie Ark is one of the safest places for you and your family to visit, and will always be here for you when lockdown restrictions ease around NSW.
If you have a booking and are needing to cancel due to COVID-19, your options are:
- A FULL refund, as you will be cancelling due to covid, which you can’t help or;
- Credit for your payment for accommodation or tour booking, so you can book at a later date.
Visitors from all over are able to relax, unwind and learn about some of Australia’s endangered species in the comfort of the gorgeous grassland and forests of the Barrington Tops. The wide open spaces of Aussie Ark’s facility allow visitors to connect and reconnect with nature whilst getting in touch with their wild side in a unique and nature-based environment.
As usual, we are asking our visitors to pre-book their tours and book your accommodation ahead of time.
You can do so at the links below:
If you are unwell or are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, we do ask that you please stay at home and we’ll be happy to welcome you when you are well again.
Aussie Ark is taking extra precautions to keep visitors, our staff and our animals safe.
FAQs – How Aussie Ark is helping to keep you safe and important information for booking
How do I purchase an Aussie Ark tour?
- We are encouraging visitors to pre-purchase Devil’s In The Wild tour tickets online. This can be done here
How do I book a stay at Devil’s Retreat?
- Fill out our Booking Enquiry Form for Devil’s Retreat. This can be done here
How do I book a stay at Quoll’s Cottage?
- Fill out our Booking Enquiry Form for Quoll’s Cottage. This can be done here
What cleaning/health practices has Aussie Ark implemented?
- Tours are capped at 15 visitors per tour
- Staff will be wearing gloves for taking payment (cashless preferred)
- Regular cleans of common surfaces throughout Aussie Ark where visitors access
- Within our Interp centre where our tour commences and concludes, stickers have been placed on the ground to help implement social distancing. All seating has also been spread out to adhere to social distancing rules set government
- All encounters and tours require hand sanitiser before and after touching animals and both before and after the tour
Will you have hand sanitising & washing stations?
- Hand washing stations are located within the bathroom.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the Aussie Ark Interp Centre and will be offered before and after the tour and before and after any animal interactions.
- Additional hand sanitising stations are available around Aussie Ark.
Are there any restricted areas/ activities that are unable to be visited/utilised?
- No, all areas previously offered as a part of the Devils In The Wild Tour are offered after reopening
- Tours will be capped at 10 visitors per tour until government states a lift in outdoor gathering numbers
How will people know about Aussie Ark’s new practices when visiting?
- Additional signage has been posted around Aussie Ark to remind visitors about best practice for hand washing and use of hand sanitiser, as well as informing visitors of the measures Aussie Ark is taking to protect the health of our visitors and staff
- Floor markers are placed in the Interp Centre to indicate 1.5m have been installed to assist with social distancing
- For indoor areas, advice about number of people allowed in each space will be posted
Have Aussie Ark staff had COVID-19 training?
- Staff have taken part in COVID-19 training to increase understanding of good hygiene and cleaning practices.
How you, our visitors, help stop the spread
Practice good hand hygiene:
- Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water and familiarise yourself with best practice for hand washing
- It is important to wash your hands before and eating, touching animals and touching surfaces
Maintain social distancing:
- Protect yourself and others by maintaining a distancing of 1.5m between yourself and others
- Educate your children about the importance of keeping a distance from others
Use your card instead of cash:
- Where possible, we would appreciate the use of card payment for merchandise. Cash will still be accepted if you cannot use your card
If you are unwell or are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms:
- We do ask that you please stay at home and we’ll be happy to welcome you when you are well again.
Download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe App:
- The Australian Government has released a smartphone app to aid in COVID-19 contact tracing. Aussie Ark recommends that you download this app before visiting us
- Download the COVIDSafe App on the Apple App Store for iOS or Google Play Store for Android.
- For more information about the COVIDSafe App, please visit Health.gov.au